You crossed the street and found a girl dressed in black in front of an illuminated white wall; almost a perfect silhouette with white earphones, as in the Apple adverts, you raised you camera and instinctively you configured it for almost no light conditions and waited for a vehicle to come by to illuminate her face from the opposite angle. Two clicks was all you got before the magic of candid urban photography vanished. You don’t know for sure, but you think got the shot and you realized you did after minutes later you reviewed them; two versions slightly different. All of this took less than 10 seconds.
© 2017, Rudy Girón. All rights reserved.
Central American photographer, entrepreneur, graphic & web designer, content creator, music lover, epicure in progress, living in Antigua Guatemala, Central America.Centroamericano, melómano, creador de contenidos, fotógrafo, diseñador gráfico y web, conocedor de redes sociales y sibarita en proceso... viviendo en La Antigua Guatemala, América Central.
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- ¿Necesitas coloridas fotografías del fiambre guatemalteco? Mira esta galería…
- Falleció la gran fotógrafa guatemalteca María Cristina Orive
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Meet Saba
- Street Photography — It was you, not it was him, who knows really. Much to do about nothing, I say.
- Street Photography — Coffee shops are the true and authentic co-working spaces, don’t you agree?
- Street Photography — Street portrait of photographer Jo while she make some portraits of strangers.
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Maya man from Santa María de Jesús, Guatemala
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.