This picture of a replica of a Maya stella was taken on the campus of the Universidad Francisco Marroquín (UFM) in Guatemala City. A swift look at this replica of a Mayan stella reveals the design principles used by the Maya in the creation of their writing, stellas and architecture. Pre-Columbian art and architecture is not my cup of tea, but I certainly can appreciate the beauty and the design that went into the Mayan artwork. I wonder if anybody has done a study about the Mayan design principles and used of space, color and proportions. This would make a great thesis for studying design in Meso America right now; don’t you agree?
© 2013, Rudy Girón. All rights reserved.
Central American photographer, entrepreneur, graphic & web designer, content creator, music lover, epicure in progress, living in Antigua Guatemala, Central America.Centroamericano, melómano, creador de contenidos, fotógrafo, diseñador gráfico y web, conocedor de redes sociales y sibarita en proceso... viviendo en La Antigua Guatemala, América Central.
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 4.
- Street Photography — Metal crafts artisan at work
- Hello friends, today I bring you a “Woman on the move, Antigua Guatemala.”
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 2.
- Hello friends, Who wants the meet at this gorgeous martini bar in Antigua Guatemala?
- Street Photography — Love in the Time of…
- Mayan Matryoshka Street Portraits Series
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.