First of all, I want to thank Esperanza Huerta, my curator for the #Guategram Photo Exhibition. Next, I want to show my gratitude to Marco Perez, the organiser for the exhibit in New York City and the inauguration. Further, I want to thank Impacto News Gallery for hosting the exhibition for two months in Manhattan. Additionally, I want to thank my dear family in New Jersey for providing the means for me to come and stay around here for a couple of weeks. Furthermore, I want to thank all the friends and acquientances who travel great distances to show their support by being present at the inauguration of #Guategrams in NYC. I know there were friends who came from Washington DC, San Francisco, New Jersey, Long Island, Connecticut, and Xela.
There were several media reporters and was interviewed for print and radio. Soon, I will also be interviewed for a local television channel.
Marco Perez, the organiser, shared this summary with the members of United Latino Professionals:
The door person at the entrance to the opening of our #Guategrams exhibit at Impacto Latin News Gallery was Dayana Islas who welcomed everyone with a smile. The event was a huge success, with about 60 people making their way through the beautiful exhibition in New York City. Thanks to all who participated, giving of their time, location and talents. It was great to see many leaders of the Latino community stop by to celebrate Guatemalan culture with us. Stay tuned for more photos coming soon
UPDATED: I will continue updating this entry as more photos become available.
© 2013, Rudy Girón. All rights reserved.
Central American photographer, entrepreneur, graphic & web designer, content creator, music lover, epicure in progress, living in Antigua Guatemala, Central America.Centroamericano, melómano, creador de contenidos, fotógrafo, diseñador gráfico y web, conocedor de redes sociales y sibarita en proceso... viviendo en La Antigua Guatemala, América Central.
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 4.
- Street Photography — Metal crafts artisan at work
- Hello friends, today I bring you a “Woman on the move, Antigua Guatemala.”
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 2.
- Hello friends, Who wants the meet at this gorgeous martini bar in Antigua Guatemala?
- Street Photography — Love in the Time of…
- Mayan Matryoshka Street Portraits Series
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.