This past Saturday I had the privilege of documenting the wedding reception of Tomas and Lorraine in the ruins of San José El Viejo. La Antigua Guatemala has to be the wedding capital of Central America, don’t you agree?
As I have mentioned at my AntiguaDailyPhoto blog, simply put, documentary wedding photography is all about telling a story. Using photojournalist and street photography approaches, images are weaved together to narrate the account of the wedding day. As you look at the wedding photography images I have shared through the archives of Antigua Daily Photo you may realise that my approach is slightly different to the traditional wedding photography. This genre of photography is known by several different names; documentary wedding photography; wedding photojournalism, and reportage wedding photography. There is no difference between the names, what the bridal magazines see as the fashionable way to describe natural, story telling wedding photography. If you or anyone you know is getting married in Antigua Guatemala or nearby and would like to include my street photography + photojournalism style, make sure to get in touch with me at my photography website or through here.
© 2015, Rudy Girón. All rights reserved.
Central American photographer, entrepreneur, graphic & web designer, content creator, music lover, epicure in progress, living in Antigua Guatemala, Central America.
Centroamericano, melómano, creador de contenidos, fotógrafo, diseñador gráfico y web, conocedor de redes sociales y sibarita en proceso… viviendo en La Antigua Guatemala, América Central.
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 4.
- Street Photography — Metal crafts artisan at work
- Hello friends, today I bring you a “Woman on the move, Antigua Guatemala.”
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 2.
- Hello friends, Who wants the meet at this gorgeous martini bar in Antigua Guatemala?
- Street Photography — Love in the Time of…
- Mayan Matryoshka Street Portraits Series
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.