Are you traveling to Antigua Guatemala or are you a local resident who would like to focus on street photography? Do you want to learn the best places to photograph the sites and people of the city – or do you want to spend an entire day learning the tips, tricks, and secrets of a street photographer?
Antigua Photo Walks are lead by photographer Rudy Giron of AntiguaDailyPhoto.com, website with more than 10 years of daily updates of multimedia content.
There are Group/Public Photo Walks open to anyone and Private Custom-fit Antigua Photo Walks. Group Antigua Photo Walks are given normally on Monday through Saturday mornings from 8am to 10am, 10:30am to 12:30pm and 3pm to 5pm if enough people register for it. They are usually around a theme; see the list below. The duration of public photo walks is approximately 2 hours. Photo walks can be in English or Spanish both. Investment starts $35 per person for group public photo walks. If you are interested in attending a group photo walk, sign up now. Once you have made your reservation deposit, I will send your the information and instruction for the meeting poin. You can call/text/WhatsApp/iMessage me at +(502) 4569-4419 for further directions.
Group Antigua Photo walk themes [Aprox. 2 hours]: $35/Q250 per person
- Best spots to capture Antigua Guatemala / Photo Tips and Techniques — 9am-11am
- Street Photography / Portraits of Strangers — 3pm – 5pm
- Architecture and Mermaids Hunting in Antigua Guatemala [majority chosen or private]
- Secrets of Antigua Guatemala [majority chosen or private]
- Around the Market & Bus Terminal [majority chosen or private]
- Around the Villages of Antigua Guatemala [private only, minimum 3hrs]
Book your reservation now!
Private Antigua Photo Walks are customized to the exact needs, interests, schedule, and skill level and are private for you, your family, or your traveling group. The duration of private photo walks is 3 or 5 hours or a full day. For more information call +502 4569 4419 or Contact Rudy Giron to set up a private custom photo walk.
Private Antigua Photo Walks
- 2-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $75/Q600 per person.
- 3-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $100/Q800 per person.
- 4-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $130/Q1000 per person.
- 5-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $150/Q1200 per person.
- 8-Hour Full Day Private Antigua Photo Walk: $250/Q2000 per person.
About Rudy Girón: Light and street photography lover who has been publishing daily photographic and multimedia updates for over +10 years at AntiguaDailyPhoto.com, Antigua Guatemala’s number one multimedia resource in English for everything about the Guatemalan culture and traditions with a brand new web page every day! Also, director, partner and support for GuatemalaDailyPhoto.com and XelaDailyPhoto.com. Furthermore, Co-founder and ex-president of Antigua Guatemala’s Camera Club.
“If you enjoy photography, this is a great experience!”
We spent ~3 hours with Rudy for his private photowalk around Antigua.
You get to choose on what you’d like to focus on (street photography vs general photography)
He starts you off with a 15-20 minute presentation on what you’ll focus on (composition, subject matter, lighting, etc), and then you put it into practice. Even if you’re familiar with photography, reviewing these with another person helps remind you of the basics.
You’ll learn traveler tricks for getting into places that you didn’t know were available, you’ll visit multiple photogenic locations around Antigua, and more importantly, he’ll help guide you and critique you to take better photos overall.
As a hobbyist photographer, I thought the price we paid was fair for his time, as it was both a photography lesson and city walk throughout Antigua. I think it would be best scheduled EARLY on into your trip so you can take what you’ve learned and apply it throughout your vacation.
Rudy was easygoing, spoke great English, and was very accommodating to both new and experienced photographers. The walk around town was not difficulty at all, obviously Antigua is cobblestone streets only so you just have to watch where you are going, as well as the street/vehicle traffic.
I would recommend Rudy’s Photowalks and would do it again in a heartbeat.eartbeat.
—Mark, Dallas, Texas
“Must do activity in Antigua!”
I was in Antigua only for a day and a half recently, and am so glad I chose to invest 3 hours of that time in a private photo walk with Rudy. Rudy is really passionate about photography and about sharing his knowledge with others. The short presentation at the beginning of the walk was an eye opener for me, and had me itching to put some of those basic principles in practice right away. I quickly went from being someone who always uses a point-and-shoot camera in “Auto” mode to being able to understand the technicalities of aperture, exposure, shutter speed, etc. and becoming comfortable with changing settings to shoot various scenarios. Rudy’s pleasing personality and a guided walk of some of Antigua’s secret spots was an added bonus. Highly recommend!
—Jasmime, San Francisco, California
Best day so far in Antigua
Rudy’s photowalk was fabulous. He set the stage beforehand with some great tips and advice, then challeged us to use the principles in the community. We were taken to some amazing places that we never would have found on our own. The information, stories and history were a lovely addition as well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to see another side of Antigua, especially if you want to improve the memories you take home.
—Liz, Calgary, Canada
Here are some of the things you can/will learn at the Antigua Photo Walks:
- Photography basics (if needed, for beginners)
- The best locations and times to photograph iconic buildings and landmarks, plus interesting trivia
- The best locations for photographing people and tips, tricks, and techniques
- All the tricks for capturing street photography close-up candid portraits
- Capturing gesture, expression, and emotion and telling stories with your images
- Street portraiture tips and tricks
- Camera settings and focusing techniques
- And, of course, the shared knowledge is tailored to your skill level, what you want to see, and what you want to learn!
For information or to book a photo walk:
You can reach me at +1 (502) 4569-4419 or through Skype: Call @RudyGiron
Top 10 TripAdvisor Activity
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Meet Saba
- Street Photography — It was you, not it was him, who knows really. Much to do about nothing, I say.
- Street Photography — Coffee shops are the true and authentic co-working spaces, don’t you agree?
- Street Photography — Street portrait of photographer Jo while she make some portraits of strangers.
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Maya man from Santa María de Jesús, Guatemala
- Street Photography — Mayan girl with two smartphones.
- Street Photography — When the music’s over, turn out the lights.
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.