Are you visiting Guatemala and would like to learn more about street photography? We will show you the best spots to photograph Antigua’s sites and people, and share the tips, tricks, and secrets of a street photographer. We are also happy to design a private photo walk for you if you would prefer dedicated one-on-one attention and to focus on specific themes or techniques.
Antigua Photo Walks are led by professional photographer, Rudy Giron, who has been capturing the spirit of Antigua Guatemala’s streets since 2006 at AntiguaDailyPhoto.com.
Book your Group Photo Walk now!
Group Walk: Enchanting Antigua: Includes Rudy’s secret spots to capture Antigua Guatemala + Photo Tips and Techniques
When: Offered from 8am-10am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Price: $35 per person
Skill Level – Camera: This walk is designed for all types of cameras and levels of experience. Bring your smartphone, a small point-and-shoot, a mirrorless or a DLSR camera.
Sign up: Click this “Pay Now” button. Once you have made your reservation deposit, I will send additional information including our meeting point, and what to bring.
Book your reservation now!
Private Antigua Photo Walks are customized to your exact: needs, interests, schedule, and skill level. Private can mean just for you, or for your family, or your travel group. The private photo walks can be from 2 hours to a full day. You can call/text/WhatsApp/iMessage me at +(502) 4569-4419 if you have any questions or Contact Rudy Giron to set up a private custom photo walk.
Private Antigua Photo Walks Themes
- Street Photography: The Secrets to Capturing Portraits of People [minimum 3 hrs]
- Antigua Guatemala Villages – A study in Texture and Authentic Daily Life [minimum 4 hrs +$50 for private transportation]
- Special Lent and Holy Week Photo Walks [2pm – 6pm, Lent $125 p/p & Holy Week $150 per person]
- Chichicastenango Market Day Photo Tour [$300 p/p, full day +$100 for private transportation]
- Night Photography Walk [5pm – 8pm, tripod required/offered, $125 per person]
- Day of the Dead Photo Tour [full day $200 per person]
- Vibrant Market + Colorful Bus Terminal Bonus
- Best spots to capture Antigua Guatemala / Photo Tips and Techniques
- Architecture and Mermaid Hunting in Antigua Guatemala
Private Antigua Photo Walk Pricing:
- 2-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $80 per person.
- 3-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $115 per person.
- 4-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $140 per person.
- 5-Hour Private Antigua Photo Walk: $175 per person.
- 8-Hour Full Day Private Antigua Photo Walk: $275 per person.
Here are some of the things you can/will learn at the Antigua Photo Walks:
- Photography basics (if needed, for beginners)
- The best locations and times to photograph iconic buildings and landmarks, plus interesting trivia
- The best locations for photographing people and tips, tricks, and techniques
- All the tricks for capturing street photography close-up candid portraits
- Capturing gesture, expression, and emotion and telling stories with your images
- Street portraiture tips and tricks
- Camera settings and focusing techniques
- And, of course, the shared knowledge is tailored to your skill level, what you want to see, and what you want to learn!
About Rudy Girón: Light and street photography lover who has been publishing daily photographic stories since May 2006 at AntiguaDailyPhoto.com, Antigua Guatemala’s go-to resource in English for everything about Guatemalan culture and traditions. Rudy does commercial and event photography worldwide by request, and especially loves doing photo shoots in La Antigua.
“If you enjoy photography, this is a great experience!”
We spent ~3 hours with Rudy for his private photowalk around Antigua.
You get to choose on what you’d like to focus on (street photography vs general photography)
He starts you off with a 15-20 minute presentation on what you’ll focus on (composition, subject matter, lighting, etc), and then you put it into practice. Even if you’re familiar with photography, reviewing these with another person helps remind you of the basics.
You’ll learn traveler tricks for getting into places that you didn’t know were available, you’ll visit multiple photogenic locations around Antigua, and more importantly, he’ll help guide you and critique you to take better photos overall.
As a hobbyist photographer, I thought the price we paid was fair for his time, as it was both a photography lesson and city walk throughout Antigua. I think it would be best scheduled EARLY on into your trip so you can take what you’ve learned and apply it throughout your vacation.
Rudy was easygoing, spoke great English, and was very accommodating to both new and experienced photographers. The walk around town was not difficulty at all, obviously Antigua is cobblestone streets only so you just have to watch where you are going, as well as the street/vehicle traffic.
I would recommend Rudy’s Photowalks and would do it again in a heartbeat.eartbeat.
—Mark, Dallas, Texas
“Must do activity in Antigua!”
I was in Antigua only for a day and a half recently, and am so glad I chose to invest 3 hours of that time in a private photo walk with Rudy. Rudy is really passionate about photography and about sharing his knowledge with others. The short presentation at the beginning of the walk was an eye opener for me, and had me itching to put some of those basic principles in practice right away. I quickly went from being someone who always uses a point-and-shoot camera in “Auto” mode to being able to understand the technicalities of aperture, exposure, shutter speed, etc. and becoming comfortable with changing settings to shoot various scenarios. Rudy’s pleasing personality and a guided walk of some of Antigua’s secret spots was an added bonus. Highly recommend!
—Jasmime, San Francisco, California
Best day so far in Antigua
Rudy’s photowalk was fabulous. He set the stage beforehand with some great tips and advice, then challeged us to use the principles in the community. We were taken to some amazing places that we never would have found on our own. The information, stories and history were a lovely addition as well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to see another side of Antigua, especially if you want to improve the memories you take home.
—Liz, Calgary, Canada
For information or to book a photo walk:
You can reach me at +1 (502) 4569-4419 or through Skype: Call @RudyGiron
Top 10 TripAdvisor Activity
Sign up for email updates
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.