Come and join me in the next photo walk that I will be leading, Street Photography in Antigua Guatemala. In this fun and informative photo walk, I will be sharing lots tips and ways to overcome your fears of doing street photography. Many of these tips are true and tried out as I have put them in practice in the process of publishing daily updates on www.AntiguaDailyPhoto.com for over 8 years. I will also share many tips and photographic knowledge to help you capture more interesting and powerful photographs. You will learn valuable new skills and techniques to take your image-making to the next level!
Date: October 18, 2014
Time: 9am to 11am
Rendezvous: Máximo Nivel Intercultural Center, 6a avenida norte #16 y #16A, Antigua Guatemala
Info: +(502) 4569-4419 & (502) 5600 0493 or through the contact form.
Things to bring: Camera [any kind from smartphone to professional camera], notebook, hat, water bottle, plastic bag, umbrella and comfortable shoes.
Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Hash tags: #LAGphotowalk
Amazing Photo Walking Tour of the Secrets of Antigua
Rudy Giron was truly exceptional in walking us around beautiful Antigua and helping point out photo opportunities, providing tips to improve photos, and gave us a handout on photo tips and encourages us with photo challenges as we enjoyed the culture of Antigua. We had a wonderful time and he really knew some hidden gems. We had some amazing experiences by taking this walking photo tour with Rudy. It was one of the highlights of the week for us. We invited him to lunch at the end of our tour and he graciously joined us at Sabe Rico (another great place to eat with organic foods grow on site and a garden setting). Rudy is full of knowledge, insights and alive go Guatemala. He offers several different tours and we will definitely be back for more walking photo tours with Rudy. Guatemala has a lot to offer and this was just one of the special experiences we had this week.
Visited July 2014
—Julie Pace, Scottdale
A Fun, Approachable & Sublime Master of Photography!
The experience with Rudy exceeded all expectations. It was not just a marathon photo lesson, not just a “walk in the park,” not just a photo shoot. It was spending time being a fly on the wall, watching a master do his thing — getting in people’s faces, taking risks, warming up subjects so they agree to photos, catching them by surprise and then getting them in the palm of your hand. Concentration was on people/portraits, then on street scenes, then on capturing the beauty of a door or edifice. Willingly, Rudy shared hints about how to compose a riveting photo of a fashionable woman about to walk past him. What is amazing about Rudy is the extent to which he is willing to share his knowledge and his secrets (i.e. techniques he has honed over many years of professional photography). What’s more, he is warm and personable, as well as highly approachable. Plus, he’s ready to answer any questions, to comment (if you ask) on photos you’ve taken, and to offer suggestions, if you wish. If only there were a Rudy Giron in each magnificent or fascinating city around the world!
Visited August 2014
—Susan, Chicago, Illinois
About Rudy Girón: Light and street photography lover who has been publishing daily photographic and multimedia updates for over + 8years at AntiguaDailyPhoto.com, Antigua Guatemala’s number one multimedia resource in English for everything about the Guatemalan culture and traditions with a brand new web page every day! Also, director, partner and support for GuatemalaDailyPhoto.com and XelaDailyPhoto.com. Furthermore, Co-founder and ex-president of Antigua Guatemala’s Photo Club.
If you have any questions I am always ready to chat. These photo walks are meant to be of value for the complete beginner to the advanced amateur and professional photographer.
© 2014, Rudy Girón. All rights reserved.
Central American photographer, entrepreneur, graphic & web designer, content creator, music lover, epicure in progress, living in Antigua Guatemala, Central America.Centroamericano, melómano, creador de contenidos, fotógrafo, diseñador gráfico y web, conocedor de redes sociales y sibarita en proceso... viviendo en La Antigua Guatemala, América Central.
Top 10 TripAdvisor Activity
- © Rudy Giron, 2002-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rudy Giron and rudygiron.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Sign up for email updates
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 4.
- Street Photography — Metal crafts artisan at work
- Hello friends, today I bring you a “Woman on the move, Antigua Guatemala.”
- Street Portraits of Strangers — Lovers will love! take 2.
- Hello friends, Who wants the meet at this gorgeous martini bar in Antigua Guatemala?
- Street Photography — Love in the Time of…
- Mayan Matryoshka Street Portraits Series
- impresion digital medellin: Que duro esto en Guatemala.
- Rudy Girón: Sí Mauricio, si doy cursos.
- Mauricio Aguilera: Rudy , soy un profesional a punto de jubilarme y quiero aprender fotografia empesando...
- Rudy Girón: Yes, he’s the same silverman.
- Patty Cross: Ah, the silver man! Is this the same person each time? We saw him two years ago, and again last year.